L.I.N.K. Co-op "Code of Conduct"
Co-op Code of Conduct and L.I.N.K. Responsibilities
Code of Conduct:
- Parents who teach must agree not to
teach anything that is contrary to Judeo-Christian (biblical) values, beliefs
and behavior and sign the L.I.N.K. Statement of faith. If you have any question
about a concept you might present in a class, please discuss your lesson plans
with the coordinators and parents in advance.
- Teachers must arrive on time (15
minutes early if teaching a first-hour class) and should give as much notice as
possible (24 hour notice) if absent due to sickness. They must make arrangements for a 'substitute
teacher' if they know in advance that they will be absent due to traveling or
appointments, and email or call Facilitators as well.
- All remaining unused money or
supplies from classes will become the property of L.I.N.K. or returned to the
parents, at the judgment of the Steering Committee (ie. all consumable books or
supplies that parents have paid for should be returned to the parent of the
student who paid for them, but all non-consumable books or supplies will become
the property of the L.I.N.K. library to benefit other families for the future). Any books borrowed from the library for
teaching a class must be returned the last day of classes and should be in good
clean condition with no damage or writing (or teachers will be responsible for
replacing with a like item of equal value).
- If additional funds are needed for a
class above fees collected, teachers are responsible for informing the L.I.N.K.
treasurer and a request may be made for additional costs to be offset by the
general fund, upon approval from the Steering Committee. All receipts must be retained. Any extra funds spent on class supplies by
the teacher parent without approval will be considered a 'donation' and
reimbursements will not be considered beyond the 6th week of Co-op classes.
- Stay in co-op areas at all times. No
parent should leave the facility while their children are attending Co-op,
unless, due only to an emergency, they have informed the Facilitators and
Teacher that they have asked a particular parent to be responsible for their
children while they tend to the emergency.
Please inform the on-duty parent in the library if you will be outside
the building during your free hour, so you can be easily located if there is a
- Parents should arrive on time and
give as much notice as possible (24 hour notice) to the facilitators via email
or phone call, if absent due to sickness.
They must make arrangement for a free hour parent to cover the classes
they assist in if they know in advance they will be absent due to traveling or
appointments and should inform Facilitators.
- Curriculum Library loan policy will
be adhered to, for the benefit of all families. Families must record all books
checked out with the librarian or on-duty Free parent. Any damages or loss of books will be the
responsibility of the parent the items are listed under, to repair to the
satisfaction of the LINK Steering committee or replace with equal value, same
title books, CDs or DVDs. Anyone not
adhering to the Library policy will be disenrolled from Co-op and fair-value
monetary reimbursement will be requested for items not returned.
Code of Conduct:
- All students and parents will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on Christ, on homeschooling, and on our families at all times.
- No profanity, vulgar or insulting language.
- No hitting, slapping, pushing, biting, scratching, etc. will be tolerated.
- Clothing should be modest, adequately covering all private body parts including the midriff and no form-fitting clothing, visible undergarments or spaghetti strap tops will be allowed. Shorts and skirts should be an appropriate length and should not be shorter than the finger tips of the children when the arms are at rest (Finger-tip rule.)
- Clothing and other items (jewelry, backpacks, etc.) will not include emblems or writing that are directly or implicitly lewd, offensive, vulgar, obscene or promote ideas and/or groups that violate LINK’s statement of faith.
- Children are expected to be in their appropriate class during co-op time. Children under 7 are not permitted anywhere on the property without the accompaniment of an adult or siblings over the age of 12. Children 7 and over must have permission from their teacher to be outside of class and remain in appropriate areas at all times.
- For the child's safety, please no running and/or chasing in the building.
- Stay out of all designated areas that are being remodeled.
- Climbing trees on the property will not be allowed, for the child's safety and insurance reasons.
- Children who behave inappropriately during a class or group activity while away from their parents will be lovingly corrected by the adult in charge. If the behavior continues they will be asked to step out of the class. Their parent will be sought immediately to correct the child. If the behavior continues the child will need to remain with their parent.
- Parents shall be responsible for the conduct of their children at all times. Furthermore, all adults will be expected to be watchful of all children and be proactive to help in correcting children as needed.
- The building owners are in no way liable for the protection and safety of your children while they are attending the Co-op. You are attending the Co-op in the facility at your own risk. Be responsible and accountable for your children and respectful of all children at the LINK activities you attend.